Covid Policy Update January 2021
In Line with current regulations we are only open to Essential workers. All future Reservations from international travel will require proof of Covid Immunisation vacation and adhere to any local government guidelines on self quarantine etc. and complete any Covid Health Questionaires prior to or on arrival as is deemed necessary for the protection of our guests, Team & Family.
Covid Policy Update - Level 5 October 21st
We are currently Only Open to Essential Workers who can use the Book Now or phone Miriam on 061 389969 On line availability will be closed on all third party websites and guests will need to provide contact details of employers to confirm any reservation and complete a Covid Health Questionaire on arrival to ensure the protection of our team. Daily in-room house keeping is suspended during this time - any additional in room amenities or toiletries etc. can be requested and delivered to your guestroom.
Covid 19 Policy Update June 29th
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organization and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) & Failte Ireland to support the health & safety and of our Guests, Family and Team.
We are supporting our team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning program.
Here are some ways in which we are supporting our team
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses- our team are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our team also completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Cleaning products and protocols: We use cleaning products and protocols which are deemed effective against viruses.
The following actions are been taken and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
Reception - checking-in and out
- Hand sanitizer is available to guests entering and exiting our home and our staff will politely remind you to use it.
- The use of credit/debit cards and contactless payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash. Card machines are to be disinfected between use
- Invoices are to be emailed to guests for confirmation of payment
- The Reception desk will be cleaned after every Guest check in.
- All room keys will be disinfected.
- All tourist information and newspapers have been removed from the Reception areas
- Social distancing markers are in place in our Reception,
Room only is been actively promoted and pre-bookings will be taken for Breakfast (When requested) at the time of check-In and breakfast times will be staggered.
Chilled Water bottles will be given to guests on arrival to maintain the sealed sanitation of your room.
Daily housekeeping has been temporary suspended in accordance with governmental guidelines and social distancing.
- A sanitation basket will be provided in all rooms, for guests who wish to clean their luggage etc.
- All throws and cushions have been removed from beds as per issued guidelines.
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items e.g. doors, door handles, light switches ,remote controls , appliances (such as kettle, hairdryer etc.), counter tops and desk areas
- The Guest Directory is full disinfected & sanitizer between guests, but flyers such as tourist information have been removed.
- Cups and glasses will be washed with anti-bacterial liquid.
- All soft or porous surfaces (such as carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.) are cleaned with appropriate cleaning products between guest stays.
Perspex screen will be placed in front of the Buffet service area and our staff will serve you with the utmost care and attention as they do for all hot order options.
- Hand sanitizer is available to guests entering and exiting our dining area and our staff will politely remind you to use it.
- All menus are sanitizer between each guest table/use.
- Tables are sanitizer after each guest visit.
- Tableware will be cleaned and sanitizer after each guest service.
- All seating arrangements have taken into consideration recommended social distancing.
Room Service : We do not offer room service
What you can do to help:
We ask that our guests remain up to date on these guidelines
- That Guests who have traveled internationally or thoes arriving from the current Irish Government Non Green Countries list will have self quarantined for the recommended 14 days prior to arrival. Failure to do so or provide proof of travel will result in your reservation been cancelled on arrival. Please note that we are unable to provide accommodation to quarantine within.
- Should you present with any of the Corona virus symptoms prior to your arrival -please cancel your reservation.
- Should you present with any symptoms of Corona virus or feel unwell during your stay, we kindly ask that you remain in your bedroom and phone Miriam on 061 389969. - We will arrange for a doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
We look forward welcoming you to our home
Miriam & Family
The Old Bank B&B
The following actions are being taken at The Old Bank B&B: May 18th to June 29th.
We are continuously monitoring and following the changes in recommendations and guidelines of the local governments and the local health authorities ( HSE) and continue to working towards providing the best service possible while safeguarding the safety of our guests, family and team.
The availability of food service and other services such as daily housekeeping will be temporary suspended in accordance with governmental guidelines and social distancing.
Within these guidelines we therefore may only be open to essential workers. Reservations can be made by calling us on 061 389969 or 24 hours in advance through our website and minimum length of stay applies. We reserve the right to cancel any reservation deemed not to be an essential workers reservation. We are temporarily removing all availability from other on line sites.
Hand Sanitizer have been put in places such as reception, at the Guest entrances and in our dining area. Guests will be asked to sanitize their hands when entering our home or dining area.
All Our Guest rooms have there own private en-suites and all public area common touch points including door handles, stair banisters and chairs are being cleaned, sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day.
Our accommodation team while wearing a mask, disposable gloves and disposable aprons ( changed per room) will deep clean with full sanitisation all guest rooms on departure - extra time being assigned per room to allow for common touch areas to be disinfected including remote controls, handles and switches and guest rooms will be left unoccupied for 24 hours between new guest arrivals.
While we hope that your travel arrangements will not be disrupted as a result of the Covid-19 virus, we are offering flexible cancellation terms and are happy to answer any cancellation or postponement queries you may have. For further information, please contact 061 389969 or email email@example.com
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures.
We ask that our guests and employees remain up to date on these guidelines
Looking forward to welcoming you to our home
Miriam & Family